Prime Advantage is a high-capacity switched digital access service that provides 23 digital information channels and a separate channel for signaling all on a single pipe. Setting a new standard for business communications technology, Prime Advantage improves network management and efficiency while making bulk data transport affordable.
- 23 information channels: Carry voice, video, or data information at speeds up to 64 Kbps
- Caller ID: Displays the number of the calling party, providing valuable information for customer service and telemarketing operations
- Clear channel mode: 23 information channels free to operate in a clear channel mode end-to-end digital connectivity for Prime Advantage users communicating with other clear channel end points
- Call-by-call service selection: Achieve optimum efficiency by allowing you to manage the allocation of voice, video, and data channels
- Alternate routing arrangements: Bypass a long distance carrier that may be suffering an outage
- Reduced costs: By consolidating PBX and networking services, efficiencies can be achieved and expenses reduced
- Flexibility: Voice, video, and data can be transported over a single pipe that also provides access to network services available from other carriers
- Security: Automatic alternate routing to your secondary long distance carrier provides diversity in case of failure by the primary carrier
- Reduced hardware requirements: By consolidating 23 channels into a single DS1 circuit card in your PBS or other communications server, you can reduce your hardware needs
|Signaling Rate and Switching Mode
||64 Kbps circuit switched voice or data
|Distance Limitation from Central Office
||4-wire standard DS1 connection
||Maximum 23 B channels and 1 D channel per Prime Advantage pipe
||Windows 98/ME/2000/XP loaded
||ESF or SF
||AMI or B8ZS
||ISDN-capable PBX with PRI software DS1 card, CSU/DSU, and D channel capability. Also need a PRI-capable multiplexor, LAN interconnection card, video conferencing or other terminal equipment with CSU/DSU. Check with your Cincinnati Bell Account Representative or equipment vendor to determine your equipment's PRI capability.
Contact your Cincinnati Bell Account Manager or call 513-566-5050 for more information.