First Time User? Register.
Cincinnati Bell Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results
• Revenue of $384 million and operating income totaling $25 million
• Adjusted EBITDA1 of $103 million, up 6% compared to the prior quarter
• Entertainment and Communications’ Cincinnati revenue totaled $172 million, generating Adjusted EBITDA of $68 million, up 3% year-over-year and 4% sequentially
• Fiber-to-the-premise (“FTTP”) internet net activations totaled 3,200 in Cincinnati and 1,000 in Hawaii during the quarter
• Hawaiian Telcom revenue of $88 million generated Adjusted EBITDA of $25 million, an increase of 4% sequentially
• IT Services and Hardware Adjusted EBITDA was $13 million, up 28% sequentially
• Cash provided by operating activities totaled $119 million year-to-date, and free cash flow2 of $18 million year-to-date
CINCINNATI – August 8, 2019 - Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE:CBB), today announced financial results for the second quarter of 2019.
Leigh Fox, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cincinnati Bell, commented, "I am excited about the company’s performance this quarter, particularly with Adjusted EBITDA growing 6% sequentially. It has been one year since we acquired Hawaiian Telcom, and that business remains on target to grow 5% to 10% annually.”
Mr. Fox continued, “The Telecom sector is facing unprecedented challenges. Our early decision to invest in fiber and IT services continues to produce impressive results, which we believe significantly differentiates Cincinnati Bell from its traditional RLEC peers. We have a strong capital structure and appropriate liquidity to execute on our strategic objectives, delivering long-term value for our stakeholders.”
• Consolidated revenue totaled $384 million in the second quarter of 2019 and $764 million year-to-date
• Operating income was $25 million in the second quarter of 2019 and $35 million year-to-date
• Adjusted EBITDA of $103 million in the second quarter of 2019 and $201 million year-to-date
• Net loss totaled $6 million in the second quarter of 2019 and $32 million in the first half of 2019
Entertainment and Communications Segment
• Entertainment and Communications revenue totaled $251 million for the second quarter of 2019, consistent with the prior quarter
– Cincinnati revenue totaled $172 million in the second quarter
– Fioptics revenue totaled $89 million, up 5% compared to a year ago
– Fioptics internet subscribers totaled 244,800, up 9,500 year-over-year
– Fioptics video subscribers totaled 138,000, down 7,100 year-over-year
– Fioptics is available to approximately 75% of Greater Cincinnati, which includes a combination of fiber-to-the-premise ("FTTP") and fiber-to-the-node ("FTTN") addresses
– In the first half of 2019, 7,800 additional homes and businesses were passed with FTTP, which is available to 480,100 addresses or approximately 60% of Cincinnati's total addressable market
– Hawaii revenue totaled $79 million in the second quarter of 2019
– Consumer / SMB Fiber revenue totaled $22 million, consistent with the prior quarter
– Consumer / SMB Fiber internet subscribers totaled 67,100, adding 500 new customers during the quarter
– Video subscribers were 46,900, down 900 from the first quarter of 2019
– Consumer / SMB Fiber is available to approximately 50% of Hawaii, which includes a combination of FTTP and FTTN addresses
– During the first half of 2019, 2,200 additional homes and businesses were passed with FTTP, which is available to 169,200 addresses, approximately 35% of Hawaii's total addressable market
• Adjusted EBITDA was $93 million in the second quarter of 2019, up 3% sequentially
IT Services and Hardware Segment
• IT Services and Hardware revenue totaled $140 million for the second quarter of 2019, up $12 million year-over-year
– Consulting revenue totaled $38 million for the second quarter, up $5 million year-over-year
– Cloud revenue of $23 million was consistent with the prior year despite insourcing initiatives from the General Electric Company (“GE”)
– Certain cloud revenue from GE totaled $1 million in the second quarter of 2019; compared to the second quarter of 2018, in which certain cloud revenue from GE totaled $7 million, resulting in Adjusted EBITDA of $5 million
– Communications revenue was $48 million, up $7 million year-over-year
– Infrastructure Solutions revenue totaled $31 million, up $1 million from a year ago
• Adjusted EBITDA of $13 million for the second quarter of 2019, down $2 million year-over-year
Cash Flow and Financial Position
• Operating cash flows totaled $119 million year-to-date with free cash flow totaling $18 million year-to-date
• Liquidity of $163 million as of June 30, 2019, with no significant maturities until 2024
• Capital expenditures were $111 million year-to-date
• Gross NOL carryforward of approximately $760 million as of June 30, 2019
• Cincinnati Bell is reaffirming the following guidance for 2019 as initially provided on February 14, 2019:
Cincinnati Bell will host a conference call on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. (ET) to discuss its financial results for the second quarter of 2019. A live webcast of the call will be available via the Investor Relations section of www.cincinnatibell.com. Callers can dial toll-free (800) 458-4148 or toll (929) 477-0324. A taped replay of the conference call will be available starting at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, August 8, 2019 until 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, August 22, 2019. To access the telephone replay, please dial toll-free (888) 203-1112 or toll (719) 457-0820, and then enter the conference ID number 6277355. An archived webcast will be available for replay following the conclusion of the live event in the Investor Relations section of www.cincinnatibell.com.
INVESTOR RELATIONS CONTACT:
Kei Lawson, 513-565-0510
Josh Pichler, 513-565-0310
Submit your inquiry below and we will respond to your online issue or question shortly.
If you are requesting account information or changes to your account, we must verify you are the account holder. Please enter the last four digits of the account holder's social security number below.
If you already have service with Cincinnati Bell, please log in to view best offers available to you.
We found more than one address in your account. Please select the address you wish to get best offers for.
If you already have service with Cincinnati Bell, please log in.
Please enter the address where you would like to receive service.
We found more than one street that matches the street name you entered. Please select your street from the list displayed.
Please enter the address to check Fioptics availability.
Our best services available for this address include:
Speeds up to 50 Mbps.
Watch over 375 channels and the best in HD.
With the best calling features available.
Fioptics 1 Gbps, Fioptics Elite TV, Home Pak Advantage
Choose only the features and services you want.
Speeds up to 5 Mbps.
Watch over 300 channels plus many in HD.
With the best calling features available.
Notify me when I can upgrade to Fioptics at this address.
Thank you for your interest in Cincinnati Bell Fioptics! We have received your request and you will be notified via mail or email when Fioptics becomes available in your neighborhood.
Your service has been placed on Vacation Service at your request. Please call 513-565-2210 to reinstate or make changes to your service.
Speeds up to 100 Mbps.
The address you entered was not recognized or not found in our service area. Please re-enter your address using the following tips:
Already have Fioptics Services? Log in to get customized information on your service.
Or select your services from images below for more information. If you are unsure of your service, please log in above to receive information for your account.
Next, tell us which set-top box you have. If you are unsure which set-top box you have, please log in here.