I purchased a new device. How do I remove Internet Safeguard from my old device?
Anytime you purchase a new computer, smartphone or tablet, it is recommended that you protect your new device with Internet SafeGuard and Password SafeGuard. To remove Internet SafeGuard from your old device and protect your new one, you will need to follow these steps:
- Log in to My Cincinnati Bell from a computer or log in to the Cincinnati Bell MyAccount App from your phone.
- Click on the Internet link near the top of the page. Then click “overview”.
- Click on the ““My Internet Security”” link.
- Find the device you are currently protecting and click on it.
- Click the “release license” link.
- Confirm you want to remove protection from this device by clicking on the “Release License” button.
Once the license has been released, you can install Internet SafeGuard on the new device.
- Click on the Add device button.
- Confirm that “Mine or My Child’s Device” is highlighted and then Click Continue.
- Follow the Prompts to complete the installation on to your new device.
To download Password SafeGuard on to your new device, click on the password manager tab in the top left corner of the security portal and click install now.