Your standby timer defaults to automatically power off your set-top box after 4 hours of inactivity. You can adjust your standby timer setting to never power off or power off after 2, 4, or 8 hours. To adjust the standby timer, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Access the main menu by pressing the Menu button on your remote control.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by press the left/right arrows on your remote control. Press OK.
- Enter your settings password. If you have not changed your password, the default password is 1111.
- Navigate to Preferences and press OK.
- Navigate up to the “Standby Timeout” field, press OK.
- Use arrows left/right to find the timeframe for which you want your set top box to automatically power down when not in use. Press OK.
- Navigate down to the Apply button. Press OK. Your changes have now been updated for that box.
If you still have issues with Standby, contact Technical Support at 513.566.1611.